From Tuga description:
A couple of months ago I was sourcing parts to build a Delta printer and while I was doing I realized that I would prefer to have a big horizontal print area instead of a vertical one, so the concept for RepRap Tuga was born.
This concept should respond to this points:
- Static motor arrangement
- Speed of movements (X and Y)
- Big horizontal build volume (rectangular 400x180mm)
The resulting printer dimensions are aprox. 830x500x500mm
- Bellow 500€ cost
Some Weak points:
- Large horizontal printer size (double of the print bed).
- No heatbed for the first version
- Possible x/y axis wobble
Future Design Goals:
- Arms mechanism untested in this arrangement.
- Small version (250x120mm print bed)
- Try Vslots
- Replace side acrylic panels with printed ones (maybe prints holds to a wall)
- Put both horizontal carriages using the same smooth rods.